If you didn’t know I am not a great cook. I know how to make pasta and mash potatoes and that’s about it. Even then when I used to set them on the table for my siblings to eat, they would look at it like “I know our mommy did not make THIS” ! By that point, I had to threaten them to eat it. (haha!) Anyways I’m not really that good at it. This past weekend I attempted to make something I would actually like to eat, Chicken Soup, and I’ll share the experience with you.
Materials (Grocery Items) :
4 Chicken Legs
3-5 Chicken Broth Cubes (depends on taste)
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 stalks of Celery
1 bag of Baby Carrots
1 can of cut green beans
1 can of Diced Tomatoes (Oregano, basil flavor)
1 large pot- preferably around a 6quart size
Stove (I have been watching a lot of minimalist TV and they all don’t have stove tops so just want to let you know it’s required.)
- Defrost chicken
- Using the large pot add water to fill the pot halfway (approximately 4-6 cups).
- Heat one eye on medium-high heat ( number indicator being a 7) & place the pot with water on top
- Add the chicken to the pot and set a timer for 20 min
- While the chicken is cooking it is time to chop up that celery
- Rinse the celery & the bag of carrots
- Place the rinsed carrots in a bowl
- Chop up celery with your cutting board and knife to your desired shape and set aside in the same bowl as the carrots
- Chop up potatoes with your cutting board and knife to your desired shape and set aside in the same bowl as the carrots & celery
- After 20 minutes has passed I usually take off the parts of the chicken that are floating at the top with a spoon
- Now time to add the 3-5 Chicken Broth Cubes
- Add the celery and carrots and potatoes to the broth
- wait 25-35 min and turn stove heat to medium ( number indicator being a 4)
- Use a fork to see if it will go through the potatoes in the broth if it goes through please proceed to the next steps if it does not cook for 15 more min at a time
- Now the soup is almost complete yay! phew all that work. Now use the can opener and add the Cut Green Beans and Diced Tomatoes.
- now enjoy! and if its nasty well all I have to say is practice makes perfect !
I love eating this soup especially when I am sick. It has plenty of vegetables and I am drinking my fluids at the same time. I hope you enjoyed making this soup as well and enjoy!
Comment below any soups that you enjoy and maybe you can help me increase my cooking knowledge!